Intellelearn Food Safety Level 3 (Catering)
£100.00 + VAT
This food safety course is ideal for anybody working or wanting to work with teams in the hospitality or catering sector. It is also suitable for people who are supervising or managing a team but without a formal qualification. The course is also ideal for operators running their own business and wanting to operate legally and safely.
The course has 17 easy to follow bite-sized modules, so you can learn at your own pace. Each module has a helpful ‘knowledge checker’ at the end and the course includes a final test that is unlocked once the modules are complete.
Including modules in Introduction to Supervising Food Safety, Food Safety Legislation, Food Contamination and Food Preservation along with many more, this course will enhance the CV of any hospitality professional with an internationally recognised qualification.
You will be able to...
- Categorise food into four distinct food groups
- Have knowledge of the way that bacteria can affect food and make it unfit for consumption, plus know how to control the risk
- Limit allergens from contaminating food
- Understand the basics of personal hygiene and why it is important
- Identify what is required from a food premises in order for it to be food-safe
- Effectively clean equipment and the premises in order to stop bacterial growth and cross-contamination
- Explain the basics of a HACCP food safety management system and recognise the tools that can be used to do so
- Understand different ways in which food can be cooked, reheated or held
- Have awareness of the relevant food hygiene legislation and how it can be complied with
- Be able to state the safe temperatures for cooking, chilling and freezing food and understand how to take temperature readings
- Know what the law requires in regard to personal hygiene when working in a food catering business
Duration: 8 – 10 hours.
Valid: Up to 1 year after purchase.
Assessment: Upon completion of the course, learners will complete an end of learning assessment. 80% of the questions will need to be answered correctly in order to pass.