£7.50 + VAT (Limited time only)
Allergen Awareness introduces learners to the rules and legislation around food labelling and catering in relation to food allergies and allergenic ingredients. It has been designed to ensure food handlers and operators comply with the EU law which came into force on the 13th December 2014.
You will be able to...
- Identify the 14 allergens (and products which contain them) that must be labelled as being present in foods
- State the applicable law
- State important definitions in relation to where food is sold and how it is packaged
- Define food allergy and allergic reactions in the body
- List symptoms of allergic reactions
- Outline the difference between a food allergy and a food intolerance
- Outline the key rules and legislation surrounding food labelling and catering
- State which staff are impacted by legislation
- Identify the responsibilities of the operator and the consumer in relation to the provision of allergen information
Duration: 40 minutes.
Valid: Up to 1 year after purchase.
Assessment: Upon completion of the course, learners will complete an end of learning assessment consisting of 20 questions. 70% of the questions will need to be answered correctly in order to pass and receive a certificate.
Endorsement(s): Institute of Hospitality and BIIAB.
Accreditation: CPD awarding body.