Cellar to Glass
Limited time only £15.00+VAT
The Cellar to Glass programme is a comprehensive guide to implementing best practices in your cellar and behind your bar to ensure your premises are in pristine condition. It covers what is involved in the storing, maintenance and serving of cask ale and keg beers. Delivered in 7 bitesize sections this programme has been designed to provide learners with the freedom to explore the content in a way most suited to them.
Learners will develop their knowledge on all the processes involved, from safe storage and cellar practices to cleaning beer lines, conditioning cask ale and bar practices.
With practical video demonstrations of cellar and bar related tasks, performed by Beer Sommelier Annabel Smith, this learning activity is an encyclopaedia of cellar to glass practices.
Topics covered include cellar management, cellar practices, bar practices, health and safety and the perfect serve.
This course will be beneficial to all publicans, managers and team members that are involved in the serving, changing and storing of beer.
You will be able to...
- Understand the fundamentals of the cellar premises including cleaning, temperature control and the safe storage of gas cylinders
- Follow the best cellar practices, such as changing gas cylinders, checking remote coolers and ale pythons and how to check in a delivery, change a keg and clean equipment
- Observe the correct procedures in the cleaning of beer lines
- Condition cask ale correctly using a horizontal stillage system and a vertical upright system
- Explain the best bar practices, including storing and caring for glassware, cleaning sparklers and nozzles and how to master the perfect serve
- Maintain your own personal hygiene, prevent accidents in the cellar and deal with a gas leak
Valid: Up to 1 year after purchase.
Assessment: At the end of each section you will complete a check your knowledge quiz.