Food Safety in Manufacturing
£7.50 + VAT (Limited time only)
The Food Safety in Manufacturing course is suitable for individuals who are involved in the mass production of food for sale through a variety of outlets. This course is a combination of theoretical knowledge and interactive activities that are designed to help learners understand the significant aspects of food safety and their personal responsibilities.
You will be able to...
- State the scope of the food manufacturing sector
- Outline legislation regarding food safety including laws on labeling
- Describe the different types of contamination
- Identify the 14 food allergens and the symptoms of allergic reaction
- Explain food poisoning and food borne illness, and list the causes and symptoms
- State correct storage, cooking and cooling procedures for different food products
- Recognise the three methods of cross contamination and how they are avoided
- Observe the strict personal hygiene standards required to produce food safely
- Carry out effective cleaning and disinfection procedures
- Recognise signs of pest infestation and implement necessary control measures
Duration: 90 minutes.
Valid: Up to 1 year after purchase.
Assessment: Upon completion of the course, learners will complete an end of learning assessment consisting of 20 questions. 70% of the questions will need to be answered correctly in order to pass and receive a certificate.
Accreditation: CPD awarding body.