Health and Safety in a Food Environment
£7.50 + VAT (Limited time only)
Observing health and safety at work is essential and the cost of failing to do so can be enormous. This course aims to provide food handlers and those working in a food environment with the relevant knowledge needed to adhere to the requirements placed on them by The Health and Safety at Work Act.
You will be able to...
- Describe the development of health and safety
- Explain why health and safety is important
- Follow the health and safety requirements placed on employers and employees
- Define key terms, such as hazard, risk and control
- Outline the principles of risk assessment
- Apply the principles of health and safety and accident prevention
- Follow systems, procedures and rules
- Reduce risks to health and safety through individual action
- Appreciate how workplace equipment and task design affect health and safety
Duration: 60 minutes.
Valid: Up to 1 year after purchase.
Assessment: Upon completion of the course, learners will complete an end of learning assessment consisting of 15 questions. 70% of the questions will need to be answered correctly in order to pass and receive a certificate.
Endorsement: Institute of Hospitality.