Intellelearn Food Safety Level 3 (Retail)
£100.00 + VAT
The number of cases of food poisoning is at an unacceptable level. It is important for food handlers to know the fine details of food safety to vastly improve their overall health and safety food policies and decrease the risk of food poisoning outbreaks.
Knowledgeable and capable managers and supervisors working in a positive food safety culture are the key to food safety.
This course will provide supervisors and middle managers with the information they need to enable them to manage staff to provide safe food. The course should also be used as a reference to help supervisors make decisions with regards to food safety.
You will be able to...
- Explain what food hygiene is and the hazards associated with it
- Categorise food into four distinct food groups
- Identify ways in which food poisoning can be caused and how to control these hazards
- Limit allergens from contaminating food
- Outline the basics of personal hygiene and why it is important
- Identify what is required from a food premises in order for it to be food safe
- Put measures in place to control pests
- Effectively clean equipment and the premises to stop bacterial growth and cross-contamination
- Explain the basics of a HACCP food safety management system
- Identify where and how certain foods should be stored
- Outline different ways in which food can be cooked, reheated or held
Duration: 4 hours.
Valid: Up to 1 year after purchase.
Assessment: Upon completion of the course, learners will complete an end of learning assessment. 80% of the questions will need to be answered correctly in order to pass.
Endorsement: Institute of Hospitality.
Accreditation: CPD awarding body.