Scottish Award for Licensed Premises Staff (SALPS)
The Scottish Award for Licensed Premises Staff (SALPS) e-learning course meets the requirements of The Licensing (Scotland) Regulations 2007, which states that every person who is involved in the making of alcohol sales must receive ‘relevant training’. This e-learning course covers the topics and matters specified in the regulation and meets the required 2 hours’ duration time.
Upon completion, the learner and an existing Personal Licence Holder must both sign the training record certificate and retain a copy. If you would like to know more please get in touch with a member of our team Call 0151 647 1057 or email email@example.com
The SALPS course is designed to assist learners in understanding their responsibilities as retailers of alcohol under the Licensing Scotland Act 2005. It provides a thorough understanding of the framework surrounding the law, regulation and social responsibility related to the sale of alcohol. The course also provides good practice in managing conflict situations and standards of service.
You will be able to...
- Outline the five licensing objectives
- Define ‘alcohol’ in relation to the Licensing Scotland Act (2005)
- Explain what constitutes an unlicensed sale and the penalties of this
- Describe the functions and powers of Licensing Standards Officers
- List the information which must be present in an Operating Plan
- Outline ‘licensed hours’ in relation to licensed premises, including offences in relation to outwith license hours
- Outline offences under the act with relation to the sale of alcohol to children
- Identify potential underage purchasers and recognise acceptable proof of age
- Utilise good service practice to establish a safe and well managed premises
- Use effective communication to request proof of age
- Recognise and deal effectively with potential conflict situations
- Calculate the units of alcohol in a drink using the ABV
Duration: It should take at least 2 hours to complete this course to meet the requirements of the Licensing (Scotland) Regulation 2007 and this must be verified by the signature of an existing Personal Licence Holder.
Valid: Up to 1 year after purchase.
Assessment: Upon completion of the course, learners will complete an end of learning assessment consisting of 20 questions. 70% of the questions will need to be answered correctly in order to pass and receive a certificate.
Endorsement(s): Institute of Hospitality and BIIAB.
Accreditation: CPD awarding body.
Course Purchase: Please get in touch with a member of our team for more details. Call 0151 647 1057 or email firstname.lastname@example.org